Carrum Downs PCEA
Carrum Downs, Victoria
Carrum Downs Presbyterian Church is a congregation of the oldest Presbyterian and Reformed Church in Australia and became such on 22 October 2010 following a petition from members of the Frankston Reformed Fellowship to the Southern Presbytery. The history of the Presbyterian Church of Eastern Australia goes back to the earliest days, the denomination in Victoria being founded in 1846 by Melbourne's first official Christian minister, Rev James Forbes.
The Frankston Reformed Fellowship was led between 2004 and 2010 by Rev David Kumnick who was the minister of the Frankston Presbyterian Church of Victoria 1991-2004. Mr Kumnick continued to supply the congregation with Rev Dr Rowland S. Ward as Interim-Moderator. A site was purchased in 2014 and a place of worship opened debt-free in April 2018 with funding from the Knox Congregation. Mr Kumnick's ill health meant that Dr Ward was the regular preacher from April 2018 with the Rev Ian Hall (0457 504 046) becoming locally resident supply minister from 16 February 2020.
Sunday Worship Services:
From Sunday, 22nd April, 2018, the congregation the meets in its own purpose-built premises at 8 William Road, Carrum Downs (opposite Bunnings and behind the car wash and BP service station)., Carrum Downs.
Services: Sunday School 9:45am
Family Worship 10.30 am and 3pm